Michael C. Toren on Fri, 8 Dec 2000 17:22:38 -0500 (EST)

Re: [PLUG] procmail: what am I doing wrong?

Jeff Abrahamson <jeff@purple.com> wrote:

> :0:
> * ^To_plug
> hold-plug

The above recipe would match messages with a header of "To_plug: Foo",
which probably isn't what you wanted.  Procmail has a magic regex, "^TO",
which will match a message's To:, Cc:, Resent-To:, etc, lines, so one way
to do this would be:

	:0:
	* ^TOplug@lists.phillylinux.org
	hold-plug

However, I am personally using a recipe similar to the one that Darxus
posted earlier -- I like to select header lines to filter on that have a
very slim chance of matching against a non-list message.

Chris Beggy <chrisb@kippona.com> wrote:

> :0:
> * ^Subject.*PLUG
> plug
>
> This sends everything to my "plug" folder, but I'm not
> sure if that answers your question!

While this recipe would match successfully against PLUG messages, it
would also match against a non-list message, say from a friend of yours
addressed to you personally, with a Subject: line of "I plugged in my
refrigerator" :-)

-mct