Andrew White on Tue, 12 Dec 2000 23:47:44 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: PLUG digest, Vol 1 #750 - 12 msgs

It is true that there are no META tags in the www.phillylinux.org
main page that search engines could use to better index the site.
(who can add them?)

However, I do notice that a search of "philadelphia linux users
group" on Google shows the www.phillylinux.org as the top link

-Andrew

On 13 Dec 2000, Rupert Heesom wrote:

> > Message: 7
> > Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 11:25:51 -0500
> > From: Darxus@ChaosReigns.com
> > To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> > Subject: [PLUG] resources on our website - www.PhillyLinux.org
> >
> > I'm still convinced that nobody looks at our website.  And I still haven't
> > gotten anybody to give me access to weblogs so I can actually tell.  So I
> > figured I'd try mentioning what's there on this list.
>
> I thought I'd comment on this, because I almost didn't FIND the PLUG webpage myself.
>
> I'm a Linux enthusiast visiting Philly from the UK, and wanted to find a local
> LUG.  I used my usual search engines of yahoo & altavista, and saw many LUGS,
> but NOTHING for Philly.   After lots of trawling through as much info as I could
> find, I eventually came across the Philly website (I think I tried various
> combinations of search phrases to get somewhere).
>
> Basically, I think PLUG needs more visibility for your website on the search
> engines so that folks like myself CAN FIND IT!!!
>
> I hope to be there for meetings in the new year.  Maybe I'll see someone.
>
> regs
> rupert heesom

perl -e '$_="0n3r4w w78t4";y/0-9/a-j/;/(\w+)\s(\w+)/;print"--\n$1 ".
"$2\n$1\@$2.com\n"'