basic on Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:07:22 -0500

[PLUG] setting up a 19" monitor with XF86Setup

dear people:

     i have setup Xwindows.  i used XF86Setup. i do not see how to change
     the active display area from 300x225mm to 360x270mm for my 19" monitor.
     under microsoft windows, my monitor is 19".
     my screen has a black picture frame border.
     when i use xvidetune to widen or make the area larger, the screen
     becomes unstable.
     i have looked at the XFree86 video timings howto and the man
     pages for   XF86Config.
     thank you,
     sandy basickes