gabriel rosenkoetter on Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:47:13 -0500

[PLUG] keys

I see you're testing it out too, judging by my authlog. ;^>

Anyway, no, it's not possible to unlock two keys with the same
passphrase without entering it twice easily.

(Even if you feed ssh-add the passphrase on the command line, it'll
ignore it; whenever ssh-add's terminal is NOTTY, it launches
SSH_ASKPASS.)

If you're really desperate, I bet Python could fake ssh-add out, but
is it really worth the effort? I mean, I guess you're seeing two
instances of ssh-askpass... but I just get two lines in a TTY. ;^>

       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net