Greg Lopp on Fri, 16 Feb 2001 18:53:18 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Missing library question

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 06:34:29PM -0500, Michael Leone wrote:
> Whenever some program runs an "ldconfig" (after installing new
> libraries, for example), I get this message:
>
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libMesaGL.so.1.0 (No such
> file or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.mesa (No such file
> or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libMesaGL.so.1 (No such
> file or directory), skipping
> ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/X11R6/lib/libMesaGL.so.3 (No such
> file or directory), skipping
>
> Where does ldconfig keep it's list of files to check? 'Cuz it looks like
> these 4 should be removed from that list.
from "man ldconfig" :
ldconfig  creates  the  necessary  links  and cache (for use by the
run-time linker, ld.so) to the most recent shared libraries  found
in  the  directories  specified  on  the  command  line,  in  the
file /etc/ld.so.conf,  and  in  the trusted directories (/usr/lib and
/lib).

It appears to be an include-only list.  No option to exclude.

> How best to proceed in this case?
I'd take a much closer look at those "files".  Are they symlinks to
something that has gone away.  Why does ldconfig not like them?  Its
not as if that are getting any use if they aren't included in
/etc.ld.so.cache

Greg