LeRoy Cressy on Tue, 27 Feb 2001 09:10:10 -0500

Re: [PLUG] PATH

In addition to what Kyle said, each user on the system can over ride the
system configuration by setting up .bashrc, .cshrc, .profile or whatever
local shell configuration they are using.  Thus if one of your users
does not want java scripts running on the system that aree located in
/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin she can disable that directory from her path
enviroment by setting up their own shell config scripts.

Michael Whitman wrote:

> I have a RH 6.2 system and I want to add to the PATH environment variable
> for every user.
> I added to it in my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file but for some reason it doesnt
> take.  (Yes I rebooted)
>
> I added '/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin'
>
> PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/java/jdk1.3/bin
> export PATH
>
> help?

Rev. LeRoy D. Cressy   mailto:ldc@netaxs.com         /\_/\
                       http://www.netaxs.com/~ldc   ( o.o )