Michael Leone on Sat, 10 Mar 2001 12:30:22 -0500

Re: [PLUG] SCSI tape question

On 10 Mar 2001 11:34:29 -0500, Beldon wrote:
> I've been putting together this old 486 box to use as a backup server.  I've
> got the SCSI card to work, but I have no idea how to tell if the tape drive
> itself is being seen.

Try "cdrecord --scanbus" (as root or sudo); it will list all SCSI
devices found, and their ID numbers. This will tell you if it's seen.
Also, look in syslog, where it loads up your SCSI adapter ... usually,
it shows all devices found that are attached to said SCSI adapter.

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890

You've got your glory, you've paid for it all
You take your pension in loneliness and alcohol
                     Billy Squier, "Everybody wants you"