Chris Beggy on Sat, 10 Mar 2001 15:40:16 -0500

Re: Fwd: Re: [PLUG] SCSI tape question

jdean@ieee.org (Jeff Dean) writes:

> At 3/10/01 02:01 PM, you wrote:
> >jdean@ieee.org (Jeff Dean) writes:

> Yup, that was in my original message.

Oops, my bad.  Just trying to help.  I should have followed up in
Beldon's thread, rather than to your clarification.

Oh, another thing: I've found that kernel-compiled scsi tape
support beats scsi module support for these drives.

>   Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 03 Lun: 00
>     Vendor: HP       Model: C1553A           Rev: 9608
>     Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02

Agreed that there's no device name here.  One of Beldon's issues was:

  "..but I have no idea how to tell if the tape drive itself is
  being seen."

so looking at /proc/scsi/scsi helps.

I really thought the biggest risk in my post was the
"amanda/back-me-up" pun ;-)

Cheers.

Chris