plug-announce-admin on Tue, 13 Mar 2001 13:20:30 -0500

[PLUG] [PLUG-Announce]miscommunication / Re: announcement of March meeting date change

On 03/13, Evans, Kevin wrote:
> I'm not trying to complain just understand if I'm using bad methodology.
> Just got the update today about what would have been last week's meeting.
>
> Three of us showed up but there was no meeting.  Was your mailing late in
> going out or should I be on some
> additional mailing list to have picked up that info last week.

The short answer:

I suggest checking http://www.phillylinux.org/meetings.html before you
leave for a meeting.

The long answer:

I apolagize.  I found out last monday that we were not going to be able to
hold the meeting last wednesday due to the flower show - a possibility that
another list memeber brought up a while ago, that I did not remember to
look into.

When I discovered the meeting could not happen at the usuall time and
place, the plug mailing list server was not functional.  I emailed
everyone on the main plug mailing list directly as soon as I discovered
there were problems, but at the time, I did not yet have confirmation
that we could meet at the normal time and place on the following week.
I wanted to wait for that information, and any possible list discussion
of alternatives so that I could provide the plug-announce list with
definitive information and avoid unnecessary noise.

I forgot.

I remembered around the time the meeting would have started, and hoped that
people would have found, on the web page, that the date had been changed.
I was somewhat optomistic since there is a note that I tried to make clear
that:

 "The specific meeting room within the PCC may change from month to month."

So you should be checking either an announcement or the web site
(phillylinux.org, first link - upcoming meetings) to verify the meeting
room.

But yes, I really should have mailed this info to the plug-announce list
before last wednesday.

--
Darxus@ChaosReigns.com