Beldon Dominello on Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:50:14 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Logical Vol Man interferes with cdrecord

On Monday 16 April 2001 14:18, you wrote:
> I'm running a RH7 system on which I have the Logical Volume Management
> of kernel 2.4.3 installed,but not configured (LVM not doing anything
> yet).
>
> I had some trouble using cdrecord, and saw the man page for cdrecord,
> particularly the following part where it says that cdrecord cannot be
> used in conjunction with volume management.

Take a look at the kernel section of http://www.lwn.net.  There's a
discussion about how something in the LVM module is hosed.  see if that looks
like your problem.  There's a patch available that's working its way into the
regular kernel tree.