Kevin Brosius on Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:20:17 -0400

Re: [PLUG] SuSe rpm question

Michael Whitman wrote:

> I am trying to install the dia.86.rpm
>
> i am missing dependancies.
> libart_lgpl.so.2
> libgnome.so.32
> libgnomesupport.so.o
> llibgnomeui.so.32
>
> So I guess I need to install Gnome (currently using KDE) or at least some
> Gnome packages.
>
> Assuming i want to install Gnome...
> Is there an easy way to do this, or do I need to install the whole OS again?

How about using SuSE's yast?  It'll list dependencies and install them
at the same time.  Do you have the SuSE install media handy?  I think
this also works over ftp, but I've only done it off of CD.  It should
not affect your present installation of KDE, it should just add the
extra libraries required for, what was it?, dia.86...

--
Kevin Brosius