Bill Jonas on Sun, 22 Apr 2001 11:31:42 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Yet Another Distribution Question

On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:24:19AM -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> v8.0 is brand new (as in ... released this week), so it's not on store
> shelves yet, and all the mirrors are probably swamped with folks
> downloading ISOs for a while yet.

Progeny had its first official release a couple weeks ago.  The impression
I get of it (from what I've read; I haven't tried it yet) is "Mandrake
based on .deb" -- in other words, quite nice.  There are instructions on
the web site to upgrade from potato, woody, and Corel.  I also snagged
the installation ISOs and burned them to CD, if anyone would like for me
to make them a copy.  (I believe they're shipping to stores and offering
the CDs for purchase this week.)

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin