Bill Jonas on Thu, 3 May 2001 00:47:17 -0400

[PLUG] Increasing the size of the process table

What do I hack to do this?  I've narrowed it down to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/tasks.h, I think.  There are two #define's
which look promising, NR_TASKS and PID_MAX; I'm thinking it's NR_TASKS.
Currently, it's defined to be 512; anyone know of any issues with
increasing this to 1024, 2048, or 4096?  Any salient points to be aware
of, any pointers, any links?  Thanks.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should
be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin