Rupert Heesom on Mon, 7 May 2001 18:13:40 -0400

Re: [PLUG] KDE Country code solved

On 03 May 2001 14:35:41 -0400, Michael Leone wrote:
> Hey all
>
> As some might remember, I mentioned at last night's meeting that I couldn't seem to change the country code on my KDE 2.1 from Canadian to US. Someone kindly pointed me at the "kdeglobals" file, as the one holding this setting. Turns out, goodness knows how, that this file was set as "root" ownership (owner and group). So - naturally - changing the setting wouldn't take, since I didn't have access to that file as my normal user. (Funny how KDE didn't inform me that it had actually failed to update this setting file. Oh, well .... )
>
> So, doing a "chown" and "chgrp" back to my normal user allowed me to specify the locale properly, and now it's activating (and keeping) that setting.

Good to hear you're up and running.  Just in case you didn't know, I
think you can do a "chown <user>:<group> file" all in one.  Instead of
using both chown & chgrp. You can also just do "chown :<grp> file" to
just set another group.

BTW, I've got my mouse working nicely...remember I didn't know how to do
X copying using the wheel mice?

My latest problem is that, for some reason, Nautilus isn't starting by
default on my system (when I load into Gnome).  It loads OK when loaded
manually.  I can't find an rc file named after nautilus.  Must try
grepping for it.

--
regs
rupert