k hill on Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:57:40 -0400

Re: [PLUG] lilo issues

Kevin Brosius wrote:

> Bill Jonas wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:42:14AM -0400, Kevin Brosius wrote:
> > > If you don't get the LILO: prompt at all, then it didn't get installed
> > > in the MBR.  If you do, and it's a text prompt, hit TAB and check out
> > > the bootable partitions list, otherwise you should be getting a LILO
> > > menu immediately which lists the bootable partitions.
> >
> > Note that <tab> works at LILO's 'boot:' prompt.  To get that prompt, hit
> > the left shift key.
> >

> I knew I was missing something... Thanks!
>
> (The boot behaviour is controlled by a couple options.  If you don't
> have a delay set, which I've never tried, I don't know if you see the
> lilo prompt at all.  But normally you should see some indication lilo is
> booting the machine.)

I will try the above option on my sons broken install. I opted to
reinstall mine because I rely on it and I am sick of sharing a box with
my SO for mail, and winpoet bites. What was happening on mine was that
lilo would  do its usual thing then start lilo again, as if it were
pointing at itself. Only in my world....

kristin