Bob Razler on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 07:30:06 -0400

RE: [PLUG] please comment on my new computer specs

Yes.  I agree.  I think the GigaByte board was a little more stable in the
tests I saw, but the Iwill has been out forever and has held up without
issues.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Jonas [mailto:bill@billjonas.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 11:10 PM
To: 'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'
Subject: Re: [PLUG] please comment on my new computer specs

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 09:27:43PM -0400, Bob Razler wrote:
> I also like the Giga-byte GA-7DXR for a more expensive board.  It has
> onboard IDE RAID.  Very stable as well.

I'll throw in my two cents and recommend the iWill KK266-R
<http://www.iwill.net/products/spec.asp?ModelName=KK266-R&SupportID=>.
It cost me ~$130 at newegg.com, has a 266MHz front-side bus, AGP, two serial
ports, 5 or 6 PCI slots, 1 ISA (in case I have the odd bit of old kit that I
need to throw in there), 3 SDRAM slots... and IDE RAID. Looks like it's
under $120 now.

Also, I'll vouch for Newegg -- my single order so far from them has been a
pleasant experience.  They're also spoken of quite highly on
resellerratings.com.

"As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others,  we should be
this we should do freely and generously."          -- Benjamin Franklin