Kyle R . Burton on Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:20:05 -0400

[PLUG] FW: Local Affordable Co-Lo

This is from a friend who just lost access to the account they're
subscribed to PLUG from, I'm just acting as a relay for them...

Kyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew J Barnett [mailto:xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2001 9:00 AM
To: Plug@Lists. Phillylinux. Org
Subject: Local Affordable Co-Lo

I'm wondering if the list can help me out of a jam.

My (very) small web hosting company is presently co-lo'd at an ISP, but
Verio (the ISP's ISP) permanently yanked one of their connections with no
warning -- the IP's my machines happen to be on. The glacial slowness and
head-up-their-ass attitude of Verio does nothing to improve the situation.
Besides the fact this is totally screwing my company and it's customers, I'm
just plain sick of the lack of reliability at my present facility.

I'm looking for a local facility (anywhere from Willow Grove to KoP/Conshy),
that will give me a half or full /24 on a fractional T-3 or multiple T-1's.
Affordability and reliability are crucial factors, but being somewhat
mutually exclusive, these tend to rule out 99% of the local ISP's and co-lo
places.

I'd love to hear from you if your business needs to defray the cost of an
Internet pipe, and you have the IP's and space for a few beige boxes. I'd
also like to hear your experiences with local ISP and co-lo facilities:
which ones have reliable bandwidth and don't charge out the nose.

BTW - This debacle took out my email, so I'm not even sure how I'll read the
replies :P. Replying off the list isn't likely to get anywhere, although
you're welcome to try sending them to andrew@dataclarity.com (please avoid
replying to the email account I'm sending this from).

TIA

----- End forwarded message -----

   Of course power tools and alcohol don't mix.  Everyone knows power tools
   aren't soluble in alcohol...      -- Crazy Nigel