John Beck on Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:40:06 -0400

[PLUG] Configuring Mutt or another email program

Hi again!

Currently using Slackware 8.0.  Internet access is working great via my
Comcast @home cable connection.  I would like to configure an email
program on Linux so I can take advantage of my new GPG key and just be
able to send / receive email on Linux without having to use web based
email such as Yahoo!

I have Netscape mail and Outlook configured on my Windows partition, and
here is what I know:

Incoming mail server (POP3): www.jbwd.net
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail
Newsgroup server: news

My question is, what mail program is recommended for me to use (mutt and
pine are installed, though I have never used them.  I am open for other
options though).  Also, once I figure the mail program, how do I
configure it using the info I have (incoming mail server, outgoing
server, news, and all my id's and passwords)?

Thanks!