Jeff Abrahamson on Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:30:07 -0400

[PLUG] snd && debian

On Redhat machines there's a program called sndconfig that has never
failed to make my sound card work.

Can anyone tell me the equivalent (or something akin) for debian?

lspci says this is what I'm dealing with:

00:07.5 Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C686
[Apollo Super AC97/Audio] (rev 50)

Although I could swap the soundcard out of my firewall (which doesn't
need a soundcard, really) if this one causes problems. But lspci
doesn't see any soundcard on my firewall, although that card worked
fine under Redhat in a former life, er, install.

So the question is really that under Redhat this was so simple I
suspect there's something equally simple here, just with a different
name.

And I thought linux was linux before I installed debian...

--
 Jeff