Bob Razler on Tue, 14 Aug 2001 09:35:53 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Hi

Are you committed to a dual socket 370 motherboard or are you willing to
move to a Socket A or PIII solution?

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Jarvis, John
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2001 9:35 AM
To: 'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'
Subject: RE: [PLUG] Hi

Unfortunately I have the ABIT BP6 Dual Celeron w/o the RAID for this
machine
:(

True, SCSI might be a better alternative but from what I have been told,
it
is not much better (or even worse) for sequential access and I don't
plan to
use the drive for anything other than mp3s and video.. Basically I would
like the RAID for reliability so when my drive crashes after my cat
shorts
out something in my computer I have a chance of not loosing all my mp3s
and
whatnot.