Walt Mankowski on Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:10:09 +0200

Re: [PLUG] bouncing html sent to this list ?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 04:08:18PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> Oh, most every PGP signed email I get from this list is like that. 1
> attachment is the message; 1 attachment is the signature.

Mutt seems to open the first attachment by default, and can also be
configured to check GPG signatures automatically.  That's probably why
those of us who are mutt users have never noticed a problem.  Mutt
takes great pains to be standards-compliant, so I tend to assume that
it's doing GPG stuff the Right Way.

Mutt also does the same thing for HTML emails.  If I read an email
which has both text and HTML versions as attachments (which seems very
common nowadays) I just see the plain text.  Lots of times I don't
even realize there's an HTML version as well.

So put me in the camp against bouncing HTML email sent to the list.

Walt