multiple seriousity on Sat, 25 Aug 2001 01:00:10 +0200

RE: [PLUG] Remote access tool for linux

On 24 Aug 2001, Michael Leone wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 16:37, Jarvis, John wrote:
> > Even better get an Xwin server for your PC such as exceed or xwin32 and you
> > can pull up xterms.
> Expensive solutions, tho. Especially next to a free putty and screen.

dont mind me, I'm suffering brain drain from little sleep, having just
taken entirely too long to worry about, and send in a resume, and trying
to do crap about the bbq/picnic tomorrow.....  come come come rsvp rsvp
rsvp!!!

but I was thinking:

expensive solution: KVM switch.

cheapie solution: cheap, old junky monitor.. after all.. this guy said all
he needs is text..

given, puTTy rocks, but... nothing beats an actual monitor where you need
it..

and certainly if all he needs is text, then even some of the oldest of
monitors he could get cheap... if not free from a plug member...

I mean, whats he need? cga? vga?

heck, even I have a few old monitors lying around here that I would give
away.

--
ms

zzzz....