epike on Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:50:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] how to prevent vi clear the screen

what I meant is I want vi to retain what it views on the
screen just before I exit--I want to retain on the screen
what vi is editing.

When I have just one terminal and I want to see the contents
of a file, I have this bad habit of VI'ing a file and
positioning the text just so that when I quit vi whatever
file I am editing is still there showing up on the
screen, and I am ready for my next command...
saves me the trouble of writing down or memorizing stuff
written in text files.

only in linux, vi replaces the screen with something else--
clears it up or restores the old contents.

JondZ