epike on Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:40:10 +0200

Re: [PLUG] how to prevent vi clear the screen

> Not sure I quite understand what you are trying to accomplish, but...
> You could just execute the command from within vi ie, :!<command>.

yes that would work too..but its a developed habit....years
of using VI..

BTW thanks to everybody..I also found the following TERM
setting that would make this work in VI as well as
LESS (in xterminal windows):

         xterm1

just found the following /etc/termcap entry:

xterm1|xterm terminal emulator ignoring the alternate screen buffer:\
        :te@:ti@:\
        :tc=xterm:

thanks...
JondZ