Kyle R . Burton on Wed, 5 Sep 2001 18:00:20 +0200

Re: [PLUG] can connect again

> 	I'm running debian potato + kde xtras and I can't run apps by
> typing them from a term. It says I can't connect. Is there a way to open
> this up? I looked at all the files and gave Anybody perms to connect, but
> this still comes up:

> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
> soffice.bin: cannot open display ":0"
> Please check your "DISPLAY" environment variable, as well as the
> permissions to
> access that display (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)
>
> I've been working on this for a bit as I know that it's a common error,
> but I can't crack this one. Any solutions?

You might be able to get around that by running `xhost +localhost'

If that fixes the problem, then the issue is probably that your running
X as 1 uid, and trying to run the other programs as another uid.

I've found that sudo handles those situations well without the need to
run "xhost +localhost"

Kyle R. Burton

Enlightenment is like the reflection of the moon in water.
The moon does not get wet and the water is not separated.
        -- Hashida