gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 8 Sep 2001 00:10:22 +0200

Re: [PLUG] Another GPG question.

On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 05:55:52PM -0400, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> gr@cs.swarthmore.edu was added (before rosenkoetter@pobox.com, I
> think, so it's not just picking the most recently-added uid) using
> the adduid command of gpg --edit-key to a key that was created
> initially with gr@eclipsed.net.

Scratch that. After a minute or two of testing, gpg is definitely
picking the most recently added uid as the primary. Which means it's
easy to get the right thing back (remove it, then re-add it), but it
sure seems like the *oldest* uid ought to be primary rather than the
youngest. Lame.

Oh, Darxus, new key (with the extra uids) on the way. (I presume
this needn't be re-signed by those who signed it?)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net