Gregory Weber on Sun, 9 Sep 2001 16:15:14 -0400

[PLUG] CD Writer

I am having some difficulty using xcdroast (xcdroast-0.98alpha9-1). I
recently built a new system and bought a CD writer (ACER 1208A which I saw
seemed usable according to a blurb on linux.com).   I have another CDROM that
I have used for a couple of years with no problems and installed in the new
system.   I expect xcdroast to see both the writer and the reader.  However,
xcdroast only recognizes the CD Writer which is set up as the master (the
other CDROM is set to slave).  I have the system configured with two hard
drives on the primary and the CD drives on the secondary.  I can use both CD
drives (/dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1), but xcdroast sees only the writer.  Any
ideas?  You may have guessed that I am not a Linux expert.

Thanks,

Greg