Fred K Ollinger on Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:50:17 +0200

[PLUG] huge /var/log

	I am on a network running debian 2.2r3 w/ kde 2.1 (I think).

	I've detected a /var/log that grows so huge in 24 hours that I
have to delete it to get any work done. I guess I should have given /var a
separate partition, but that wouldn't fix WHY is this so huge? I know
nobody can't say this over email, but can someone tell me where to get
started in reading the logs? I can't read a 4GB log, I need to grep for
something.

Fred