Gerald D. Neale on Tue, 2 Oct 2001 19:50:11 +0200

Re: [PLUG] (no subject)

> --- Eric Allan Lucas <eric@lucii.org> wrote:
> > Here's an odd one...
> >
> > I listen to mp3 files using XMMS.
> > The system is Mandrake 8.0 and it's an IBM
> Thinkpad
> > X20.
> >
> > Last week, no problem.  This week, there are brief
> > "skips" in the playback,
> > random in timing.  It's almost like the buffer is
> > underrunning.  This happens
> > even when the file is read from the hard drive
> (not
> > just the CDROM).
> >
> > Has this happened to anybody else before?
> > Any ideas?  I've tried rebooting with no change.
This happened to me as stated aboved, sudden
repetitive skips (mine where frequent) in XMMS. This
happened only with my SB16 ISA card, not with an
Ensoniq PCI AND only when I would do something CPU
intensive simultaneously; ie open Netscape, scroll in
netscape, print something, you know...

What are you running while listening to tunes?
Jerry

=====
The Cherry hill Linux User's Group
meets on the first Monday of every month.
http://www.chlug.org