Mike Pflugfelder on Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:40:42 +0200

[PLUG] Disk related errors

Title: Message
Has anyone seen error messages like this before?

_alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed.

They show up on my console after I run one of the following commands:

chgrp -R d2 /d2/f.data/*
chmod -R g+w /d2/f.data/*

I'm running RedHat 7.1, and the partition that I'm changing is a ReiserFS filesystem.  I suspect that the error is either from reiser or that I'm having hardware problems with my disk.

After running either of the above commands, I do get the results that I had intended (IE, group changes for the file, and they're writable by group).  Also, I'm not sure, but I believe that a few times, the system crashed when running those commands on the entire /d2 filesystem, but I'm not 100% sure, and nothing shows up in the logs.

Mike Pflugfelder