gabriel rosenkoetter on Sun, 28 Oct 2001 13:53:58 -0500

Re: [PLUG] problem accessing techrepublic.com

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:36:03PM -0500, eric@lucii.org wrote:
> Anybody have any ideas what might cause this?

Are you using some sort of web proxy?

I can connect to that site regularly, but not through the squid I
have running locally to block ad banners on websites.

Squid throws a totally inappropriate error:

  The following error was encountered:
  * Socket Failure
  The system returned:
      (49) Can't assign requested address
  Squid is unable to create a TCP socket, presumably due to excessive
  load. Please retry your request.

I assure you my system is not overloaded.

So, I'd say this is something fishy in either in that site's redirection
code or their JSP. But that's just a (fairly unresearched) guess.

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net