Marc Soda on Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:40:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] when kswapd goes wild!

Yes, it the kernel page swapper daemon, I don't know why it's
happening but mulitple people have reported this.  I assume it's a bug
in 2.4.13.  Is that the kernel your using?

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, William Shank wrote:

> for some reason kswapd is utilizing 99.5% of my cpu and i can't seem to kill
> it (and i probably don't want too) - anyone know what could be causing this
> and how do i stop it? and wtf kswapd (kernel swap daemon?)

Marc Soda
ASPRE, Inc.
marc@aspre.net
http://www.aspre.net/