Walt Mankowski on Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:10:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] New Debian

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:43:12AM -0800, JP Toto wrote:
> Hi folks, I noticed that there is a new Debian release
> out. Does anyone know if it has kde 2.2.1 in it? I
> could't really tell either way on the site. Don't mean
> to sound totally Debian ignorant but I haven't used it
> much. Im looking to switch, though :-) Just gathering
> info. Thanks!  - JP

The debian release this weekend was just an interim stable (aka
"potato") release.  The new packages are mainly bugfixes and security
updates.  KDE isn't in potato at all, and hasn't been added as part of
this release.  KDE 2.x will, however, be part of the next major debian
release, aka "woody", aka "testing".

Woody's into the final stages of testing.  Last I heard they were
(optimistically :-) hoping to release it in about 2-3 months.  From
what I've heard woody's "pretty darn stable" now, so if you really
want debian and really want kde 2.x, you should probably go with
woody.

Walt

--
Walter C. Mankowski
Senior Software Engineer	Myxa Corporation