Charles Stack on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:25:47 -0500

RE: [PLUG] The spirit also took Scrooge

Without quoting your entire message...

First,  I didn't intend to berate the Netaxes employee.  I don't know where
you got that idea or even that I did so. I just want the f'ing viruses to
stop.  If that means temporarily terminating the offending person's e-mail
or the entire account, then so be it. Bill now appears to be blocking this
individuals messages until the infected party erradicates their problem.

Second, as per the TOS, they are in violation of paragraph 1 and 2.1.  But,
I assume the Netaxes employee would know the answer regarding the use of the
dialup account.  As that is not expressed on the TOS, I asked the question.

Third, it became the business of PLUG the moment the virus hit the PLUG mail
server and it was forwarded it to everybody and showed up in my (and
everybody elses) inbox.

Fourth, this has nothing to do with Patriotism.  It has to do with people
not taking the time to do what is right (like installing a decent virus
scanner prior to using an easily exploitable tool such as Outlook or Outlook
Express). The fact that a law now exists explicitly defining the problem
only futhers this cause to stop it from happening in the first place.

Fifth, Bill appears to be taking measures to get virus scanning reenabled.
That should eliminate the problem altogether.

Now...I'm done.