JP Toto on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:09:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Newbie

Im a Mandrake fan myself. SUPER easy to setup. The
installer is one of the best I've seen althought I
know Suse's is good as well. RedHat gives you probably
the easiest package compatibility for updating
software. Because of the long cycles between releases
I would be cautious about recommending Debian because
if you have newer hardware there is a pretty decent
chance the installer won't pick it all up. Not that
Debian isn't a good distro - it's fabo! That said -
it's not my first recomendation for new folks. Just my
$0.02
- JP

=====
JP Toto