Joe Coyle on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:20:13 +0100

[PLUG] proposal for meeting topic: PPS

Title: proposal for meeting topic: PPS
Hi:

I thoroughly enjoyed my first PLUG meeting last night and I'd like to become
more active.  Two things:  Chris was asking for meeting topic speakers, and
there was a guy from UPenn there ( I didn't get his contact info) looking
for advice on setting up the Philadelphia Public Schools with Linux.  My
proposal is this:  Why not make the Philly Public Schools the subject of a
meeting?

As a totally green-green newbie,  I would be interested to see how Linux
could be applied to solve this kind of real-world problem.   Some kind of
collaborative systems analysis discussion is what I'd like to see.  What is
the big picture for the PPS?  What are the major technical challenges and
how can they be met?  How can Linux meet these challenges?  This problem is
an opportunity that shouldn't be missed!  I'm willing to put in my time to
coordinating a discussion -- for me it would be an opportunity to find out
what's going on in the Linux world and get involved in PLUG at the same
time.

I'd like to get your feedback on the idea.  Please let me know how you feel
about directing PLUG's resources in the way that I have suggested.

Could someone please send me the contact info for the guy from UPenn?

Thanks,

/Joe Coyle