Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 8 Nov 2001 21:20:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] The spirit also took Scrooge

	I think that all vb scripts as attatchments should be destroyed.
Maybe even return to sender. People will be pissed for a while, but not as
pissed when they lose data. Also, too many return to sender emails coming
in might flood an offending isp, forcing it to shut down until it cleans
up its act. This shouldn't be seen as an attack, by those who return the
mail b/c 1. we have a right to defend out servers from damage 2. all the
mails will not be coming from machines under the control of one person.

	If people keep getting vb attatchments shot back at them then they
will stop sending them.

	I like other attatchments, though. I feel that they can be safe.
Am I wrong? For example, abiword .9 opens .docs easily. Also, I look at
pics I"m sent. This is on a linux machine. Should I be more careful?

Fred