Mike Leone on Mon, 12 Nov 2001 10:31:42 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Kernel Compilation Error

> I get the following error when compiling a 2.4.14 kernel:
>
> drivers/block/block.o In function `lo_send':
> drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2146):undefined reference to
`deactivate_page'
> drivers/block/block.o(.text+0x2183):undefined reference to
`deactivate_page'
> make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
>
> It seems to happen when I try to compile loopback support into the kernel.
> If I make loopback a module, the kernel will compile, but making modules
> fails.
>
> anyone else encounter this? any ideas on how to fix?

Using 2.4.14, I get a "deactivate_page" error when doing a "make modules;
make modules_install" when compiling loop as a module (i.e., depmod -a
complains about it). However, the kernel itself compiles - and boots - just
fine.

Have you tried booting with the kernel that results from the "loop as a
module" compile?