Michael Leone on Wed, 14 Nov 2001 05:30:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] ssh authentication

On Tue, 2001-11-13 at 22:52, Fred K Ollinger wrote:
> 	Does anyone know how to set up a box so that it can login via ssh
> w/o prompting for a login? I did a reinstall on one of the boxes and it
> no longer allows me to login. I looked up ways to generate an old key and
> I removed an old key on my machine I want to login from. It generated a
> new key which is great, but it needs a passwd each time.

I did this once. You need to generate and then copy the key of the
machine that you are connecting FROM to the machine you are conencting
TO, in a file called ... ~/.ssh/identity.pub.

I think.

Do a google search on the identity.pub term.