gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 3 Dec 2001 22:03:37 -0500

Re: [PLUG] What's smime.p7s? (Was: Ginger)

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:56:39PM -0500, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
> Is there a way to eliminate them from the list? They are clogging my
> download directory.  Frankly, I don't care if the mail I get from this list
> is authenticated, and its certainly not secret.

This is not an issue of secrecy, it's one of authentication.

And if your MUA is so broken as to not delete attachments when it
deletes the email that they came in, well, either it needs to be
reconfigured or you need to reconsider your MUA choice.

Saving attachments permanently is an option, not a default, in a
sane world.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net