jbeck on Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:50:18 +0100

[PLUG] Re: help with domain on cable modem

Bob Razler writes:

Exactly. All requests to Razler.com get redirected to the same IP (my
home DSL modem, which changes every week or so). Once the traffic gets
there, my firewall decides what internal IP address to send the
request/traffic to.

I am sure this is an extremely dumb question, but I will ask anyway, seeing as I am trying to do the exact same thing! :-)

If your IP address to your modem changes weekly, how does Razler.com know where to redirect to?