Tobias DiPasquale on Fri, 7 Dec 2001 01:50:20 +0100

[PLUG] LDP Licensing Troubles

I'm sure you all read Slashdot, but just in case:

<snip>
Posted by michael on Thursday December 06, @12:31PM from the documentation-always-a-weak-spot dept.

Guylhem writes: "The former LDP license was the first license used for our documentation. While we are now recommending the GNU FDL and the OPL 1 without options A or B, many documents are still licensed under the LDPL. David Merril, our Collection Coordinator, noticed that the LDPL is "not free" according to the Debian Free Software Guidelines. We have to get in touch with the authors as soon as possible or 2/3 of the LDP document collection will be removed from the base Debian distribution because the code freeze is happening in 2 days. Maybe some of the LDP unreachable authors are reading slashdot and could take 1 minute to submit an updated document licensed under the FDL or OPL v1 -A -B ? Another solution is to find volunteers to rewrite from scratch the concerned documents."
</snip>

If anyone wrote any of this documentation, this one's for you.

--
Tobias DiPasquale
Solaris System Administrator