Jeff Abrahamson on Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:20:11 +0100

Re: [PLUG] something to brighten ur day

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 11:44:51AM -0500, Jon Nelson wrote:
> [some content, and then:]
> --
> *************NOTE NEW NEW ALT. EMAIL!!!!******************
>
> Trooper Jon S. NELSON, Linux Certified Admin. (Sair/GNU)
> Pennsylvania State Police
> Computer Crimes Unit
> Office:  610-344-4471
> Page:  866-284-1603 (Toll Free)
> Nextel:  610-637-0707 (Private ID 8777)
> Alt. email:  jonelson@state.pa.us <------------------------
>
>          __()___
>         /  |    \
>   _____/___|_____\______
>  /  __     (-)      __  \
> /__/  \____________/  \__\
>    \__/            \__/
>
> ...it's a police car.

At the risk of undo grade school humor, Jon's .sig always reminds me
of <http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/95q4/sigs.html>.

(No offense or passive aggression meant, Jon.)

Actually, it's interesting to note how much our standards for .sigs
have changed over the past few years, due no doubt as much to getting
used to the unwashed masses on the net as much as better bandwidth and
bigger monitors / decent windowing systems. Used to be two lines was
considered the limits of politeness, for example. Now Jon's is hardly
unusual (except maybe for the ascii graphics ;-).

--
 Jeff

 Buy my boyfriend's new novel: The Big Book of Misunderstanding
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>