Michael C. Toren on Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:19:07 -0500

Re: [PLUG] mutt and multiple return addresses

> I have my normal e-mail address, which I'm using now, and my college one,
> which I need to use for all on-campus correspondance in order to send stuff
> to student records, on campus mailing lists, etc.
>
> Is there a way to set up mutt to use this alternative from: line and
> possibly a different .signature file when in the =Bowdoin mailbox, or
> something similar?

Yes, this is possible using mutt's hook facility.  The following
is untested, but should set your From: address to jackw@jounce.net
by default, and to foo@bowdoin.edu when you're reading mail from
your =Bowdoin folder.

  folder-hook .       'my_hdr From: "M. Jackson Wilkinson" <jackw@jounce.net>'