Bill Jonas on Wed, 12 Dec 2001 05:50:10 +0100

Re: [PLUG] routing table

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 04:12:39AM -0500, Paul wrote:
> /proc files are not real files.  I saw an empty file called static-routes.
> So, maybe the kernel generates the routing table?

It's as close as you'll get if you want a file-based interface with
which to read the routing table.  Otherwise you'd need to parse the
kernel memory.  route(8) is part of the net-tools package if you want to
get the source and see how it does it.

On the other hand, it just occurred to me that you might be wanting to
*set* the routing table.  Is this the case?

> BTW, your messages and the messages of a few others appear as text
> attachments in, I hate to write this, Outlook Express.

Detached PGP signature (generated by GnuPG).  The body of the message is
given a content-type of text/plain and the signature is given a
content-type of application/pgp-signature.  I'm positive I saw a list
somewhere of what software for various OSs supported encryption, either
directly or via plugins, and I'm nearly certain that MS-OE was on the
list.  Ah, here we go (All hail Google, all hail Discordia):
http://rmarq.pair.com/pgp/mail-clients-pgp.html

I remember when I used OE that MIME messages always had all parts
showing up as attachments, which leads to what you're experiencing.
Mutt will display whatever it can (or whatever you tell it to, if you
provide an entry in your mailcap to tell it how).  Just so you know this
isn't some rogue way of dealing with things that's only Mutt-compatible,
there are RFCs regarding PGP-signed messages. :)
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/openpgp-charter.html

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html