Arthur S. Alexion on Wed, 19 Dec 2001 14:20:20 +0100

Re: [PLUG] questions on an office-wide conversion

Michael Leone wrote:

On Sat, 2001-12-15 at 11:10, Jason Costomiris wrote:
: putting a GUI on Linux make it slower than a Windows box and I just
: have to plan to need lots of RAM?

There are other window managers that are less memory intensive.
My experience with an older, lower (cpu & ram) powered machine is that AfterStep/Another Level is the fastest on a weak machine. (quite a departure in interface from Windows, too)
artAlexion