Naresh Reddy on Thu, 20 Dec 2001 02:30:36 +0100

[PLUG] Debian Welcome message

How do I get rid of Debian's Welcome message? I tried /etc/issue or
/etc/issue.net. But I don't think thats it. I want to get rid of this
message when I login:

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
are described in the individual files in /usr/doc/*/copyright

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
No mail.
Last login: Wed Dec 19 15:20:26 2001 from athlon
Linux debian 2.4.16 #1 Sat Dec 1 20:01:27 EST 2001 i686 unknown

Most of the programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are
freely redistributable; the exact distribution terms for each program
are described in the individual files in /usr/doc/*/copyright

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.

Thanks Naresh

http://www.personal.psu.edu/nyg102