thanous on Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:20:15 +0100

[PLUG] Linux Backup software to a additional harddrive

Hi list...

Has anyone messed around with this?  Our tape back up went a while ago, and
it was too small for the hard drive anyway.  So in lue of getting a new tape
drive I have been asked to configure the server to run a backup to an additional
hard drive.

I have tried two backup programs and have run into no luck with either of them.
 The first one is Mircolite's backupEDGE, it works fine but will only write
a 2 gig file to a hard drive, WHY it does this they wont tell me.

The second is Arkeia, and I think I can set it up to go, however it does not
like the fact that I told it to write to a FILE (their term not mine) instead
of a tape.  Not sure what the deal is there as I have not been able to find
any information on FILE settings in the program on their website.

So if anyone has any ideas..... or uses a similar program... please let me know.

Happy Holiday's ALl!!!

Anthony