Kyle R . Burton on Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:30:16 +0100

[PLUG] how to iterate through all of the IP addresses on a box?

I'm writing some C networking code, and I want the code to be able to
report on all of the ip addresses available on the host.

I can call gethostname() and then gethostbyname() to get the hostent
struct [http://www.bgw.org/projects/c/host.c], which lists the aliases
for the host, and the ip addresses associated with that host, but it
doesn't seem to list all of the ip addresses assocaited with the host.

I realize that there might not be a portable way to do this, but I
still need to be able to do it.  And I don't have a copy of my Sevens'
book handy.

Anyone know how or have any pointers to where I might be able to find out?

Thanks,
Kyle R. Burton