jbeck on Sun, 23 Dec 2001 21:10:15 +0100

[PLUG] Re: How to set up SSH?

jbeck@jbwd.net writes:

gabriel rosenkoetter writes:

Why is ssh necessary for this? Woudln't ftp serve your purpose
better? (I am assuming that by "site" here you mean a world wide web
page.)

SSH is not necessary at all. FTP or Telnet would also completely serve the purpose. If they are simpler, can you explain how to enable them? I am just looking for the simplest way possible to get the files between the windows box and the RH 7.1 box (without a floppy and running between rooms! :-)

My fault. Although I would like to learn how to configure FTP, I think that I need Telnet or SSH. I forgot to mention that I need to be able to access MySQL for configuration (ie create tables, run queries, etc...)

Thanks!

Thanks again for your help!

John